RAC Bulletin 2010-030E – Bulletin #2 from Ottawa.
The Board, Executive and other key personnel arrived on Friday, and we have worked long hours through till Sunday afternoon. This took place in a collegial, problem solving atmosphere with open and frank discussions by all participants
* Our member’s valuable input was reviewed and discussed in detail, and incorporated into the work done on the draft RAC Vision which will be printed in TCA and a RAC notice in the near future.
* The topic of tiered memberships was discussed and has been forwarded to the Admin and Finance committee for additional financial analysis. This also includes options for a youth and/or student memberships.
* A 2011 budget is being prepared, and is being reviewed by the Admin and Finance committee at this time.
* The outgoing QSL bureau was discussed, and future funding and operating options were discussed.
* A recognition program for our volunteers, who are the backbone of our organization, is being implemented.
* We are moving forward on an improved communications strategy that will push information and news to our members, through a variety of mediums, which would include – Ham nets, local club communications, face-to-face meetings, presentations, newsletters, ‘The Canadian Amateur’ magazine, the web site, bulletins and social media channels.
* In addition, we are actively looking at improving the feedback mechanisms from our membership.
* RAC is the single, national voice for the interests of all Amateur Radio operators in Canada. The Board and Executive believe that an active and growing membership in RAC is the key to effective and strong representation of Amateur Radio in Canada, and with your support, this can be accomplished.
Geoff Bawden, VE4BAW – President, Radio Amateurs of Canada